Monthly Rep Reports
The Greater Toronto Area Intergroup is an independent group registered with the International Service Organization of SAA. The Intergroup conducts business that helps the SAA fellowship in the Toronto region carry the message of SAA recovery to the suffering sex addict. The Rep Report contains a digest of IG business that is pertinent to other groups
Download August Report
- The GTA-IG is looking for an individual or group to organize the February one day conference in February 2020. The organizer is NOT expected to shoulder exclusive responsibility for every aspect of the conference. Typically an organizer simply assembles a group of volunteers and shares the workload. There are experienced fellowship members who can offer guidance.
- The GTA-IG is sponsoring a Potluck Social (no business agenda). The date will be Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. in the backyard of 686 Broadview. September 28th will be the rain date. Please RSVP to John G.
- The GTA-IG needs a Communications person whose job it is to respond to phone messages left on our information line and emails sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org email account and report on these activities at monthly Intergroup meetings. The requirement for the job is that you have the consent of your home group and sponsor, that you attend meetings on a regular basis and are working an active recovery program with a sponsor.
- All group representatives are encouraged to attend the September 20th meeting of the GTA-IG to discuss important issues moving forward.
Download July Report
- The GTA-IG is looking for an individual or a group to organize the February one-day conference in February 2020. The organize is NOT expected to shoulder exclusive responsibility for every aspect of the conference. Typically the organizer simply assembles a group of volunteers to share the workload. There are experienced fellowship members who can offer guidance.
Download May Rep Report
- Summer potluck Saturday June 15th in backyard of 686 Broadview beginning after the Saturday 9:30-10:45 meeting. John G. will organize logistics. Bruce H. will moderate the discussion
- The Thursday 7:30 and Friday 6:30 meetings still need regular members. If you can attend even occaionally, it would be a great help. The group will do everything possible to remain viable as we feel it is important for newcomers to have a meeting to come to everyday.
Download March Rep Report
- We received an invitation from the Lead Pastor at Humberlea Worship Centre in Etobicoke to use their facilities to host SAA meetings. The church is near highway 27 and the 407. If any members live out that way, this may be an opportunity to start a recovery community close to home that will carry the message to addicts who may be unable to travel downtown. Please get in touch with the IG if you'd like the contact information.
- Summer Potluck Saturday June 8th in the backyard of 686 Broadview Avenue beginning after the Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. meeting. We still need a volunteer committee to organize this event.
- The Thursday 7:30 p.m. and Friday 6:30 p.m. meetings still need regular members. If you can attend even occasionally, it would be a great help. The group will do everything possible to remain viable as we feel it is important for newcomers to have a meeting to come to every day.
- SLAA has invited SAA members to attend their Spring Retreat, which is May 31st through June 2nd at the Marylake Retreat Centre, 13760 Keele Street, King City, Ontario. Check-in is 5 p.m. on May 31st. Open to all
L Fellowship Members. $210.00 for a single reservation, including 5 meals. Please email Angela if interested. SAA is not affiliated with with SLAA however, we are happy to cooperate with our fellow addicts in promoting recovery for those who seek it. Click Here to find out more.
Download February Rep Report
- Stay tuned for the 1st SAA Spring Potluck coming your way this May. Exact date to follow.
- The GTA-IG was approached to hold a summer weekend retreat. This cannot be done without the support of volunteers from our membership. Is anyone willing to take this on and who would like to help them?
- The 2019 SAA Conference was a huge success. Attendance was over 70 members. Lots of positive feedback on the program that was provided. Congratulations to all involved in making it such a success.
- Both the Thursday and Friday SAA meetings are currently struggling. Please come out and help to support these 2 meetings. These groups will do everything possible to remain viable as we feel it is important for newcomers to have a meeting to come to every day
Download January Rep Report
- The annual GTA conference will be held on February 16th at St. Andrew's United Church, 117 Bloor Street West. Please go to the website for registration details. Contact the GTA-IG for volunteer opportunities at the conference.
- The GTA-IG is thinking of developing a local email distribution list. Subscribing to this list will be entirely voluntary.
- The Thursday night "Fulfilling the Promises" still needs regular members. If you can attend even occasionally, it would be a great help. The group will do everything possible to remain viable as we feel it is important for newcomers to have a meeting to come to every day.
Download November Rep Report
- The GTA-IG webpage is now “live” and is available on the torontosaa.org website at http://www.saatoronto.org/intergroup.shtml . This page explains the roles and functions of the various Intergroup members as well as highlights service opportunities with the intergroup. These monthly reports will be posted on that page so this will be a great way of communicating directly with the fellowship in our area.
- Stefano S is heading up the 2019 SAA Conference Steering Committee for the annual GTA conference in 2019. There are several service opportunities in the steering committee such as set-up, take down, registration, etc. and your contribution of time and creativity make a huge difference to your fellow sex addict and helps maintain your own sobriety.
- Ron R is surveying the membership for interest in an SAA retreat next year. Please let him know if you would like to attend this potential event.
Download October Rep Report
- The GTA-IG welcomes Richard A (Tuesday Richmond Hill Rep).
- The GTA-IG webpage will be going “live” this month and will be available on the torontosaa.org website. This page will highlight service opportunities with the intergroup and its various activities. These monthly reports will be posted on that page so this will be a great way of communicating directly with the fellowship in our area.
- Stefano S is heading up the Conference Steering Committee for the annual GTA conference in 2019. There are several service opportunities in the steering committee and your contribution of time and creativity make a huge difference to your fellow sex addict and helps maintain your own sobriety.
Download September Rep Report
- Welcome to Newcomers: The GTA-IG welcomes Ross E (Monday Rep) and Graham D (Sunday Rep) to the GTA-IG.
- New Literature Contact: Reminder that the new trusted servant in charge of literature at the GTA-IG is Daniel H. who can be contacted to place orders. Thanks again to David O who held this position for a very long time.
- New IG post to help those seeking sponsors and speakers: The GTA-IG is developing a new trusted servant position whose job will involve compiling and updating two lists that will be helpful to the carrying the message of recovery in the fellowship. One will be a list of those available to be sponsor, even on a temporary basis (sponsor list). The second will be a list of those available to speak at various meetings that have speakers (speaker list) - a great resource for Speaker Seekers. The Trusted Servant is Nishan A.
- Does your group have an IG REP?: Reminder to individual groups that if your Intergroup Rep moves into a trusted servant position on the intergroup, the IG would like you elect a replacement Intergroup Rep.
- Retreat Organizer Needed: The GTA-IG is looking for someone to take the lead on organizing a weekend retreat. The position is similar to that of a Conference Organizer. The difference is the date and location need to be determined about 1 year in advance, while most of the programs details can likely be worked out closer to the date.
- The IG needs a Group Service Representative: The GTA-IG requires a Group Service Representative. We will soon have information on the GTA website that describes what a GSR does… stay tuned.