Monthly Rep Reports
The Greater Toronto Area Intergroup is an independent group registered with the International Service Organization of SAA. The Intergroup conducts business that helps the SAA fellowship in the Toronto region carry the message of SAA recovery to the suffering sex addict. The Rep Report contains a digest of IG business that is pertinent to other groups
Download November Rep Report
- The GTA-IG webpage is now “live” and is available on the torontosaa.org website at http://www.saatoronto.org/intergroup.shtml . This page explains the roles and functions of the various Intergroup members as well as highlights service opportunities with the intergroup. These monthly reports will be posted on that page so this will be a great way of communicating directly with the fellowship in our area.
- Stefano S is heading up the 2019 SAA Conference Steering Committee for the annual GTA conference in 2019. There are several service opportunities in the steering committee such as set-up, take down, registration, etc. and your contribution of time and creativity make a huge difference to your fellow sex addict and helps maintain your own sobriety.
- Ron R is surveying the membership for interest in an SAA retreat next year. Please let him know if you would like to attend this potential event.
Download October Rep Report
- The GTA-IG welcomes Richard A (Tuesday Richmond Hill Rep).
- The GTA-IG webpage will be going “live” this month and will be available on the torontosaa.org website. This page will highlight service opportunities with the intergroup and its various activities. These monthly reports will be posted on that page so this will be a great way of communicating directly with the fellowship in our area.
- Stefano S is heading up the Conference Steering Committee for the annual GTA conference in 2019. There are several service opportunities in the steering committee and your contribution of time and creativity make a huge difference to your fellow sex addict and helps maintain your own sobriety.
Download September Rep Report
- Welcome to Newcomers: The GTA-IG welcomes Ross E (Monday Rep) and Graham D (Sunday Rep) to the GTA-IG.
- New Literature Contact: Reminder that the new trusted servant in charge of literature at the GTA-IG is Daniel H. who can be contacted to place orders. Thanks again to David O who held this position for a very long time.
- New IG post to help those seeking sponsors and speakers: The GTA-IG is developing a new trusted servant position whose job will involve compiling and updating two lists that will be helpful to the carrying the message of recovery in the fellowship. One will be a list of those available to be sponsor, even on a temporary basis (sponsor list). The second will be a list of those available to speak at various meetings that have speakers (speaker list) - a great resource for Speaker Seekers. The Trusted Servant is Nishan A.
- Does your group have an IG REP?: Reminder to individual groups that if your Intergroup Rep moves into a trusted servant position on the intergroup, the IG would like you elect a replacement Intergroup Rep.
- Retreat Organizer Needed: The GTA-IG is looking for someone to take the lead on organizing a weekend retreat. The position is similar to that of a Conference Organizer. The difference is the date and location need to be determined about 1 year in advance, while most of the programs details can likely be worked out closer to the date.
- The IG needs a Group Service Representative: The GTA-IG requires a Group Service Representative. We will soon have information on the GTA website that describes what a GSR does… stay tuned.